Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Hold Steady - Round 4

It just never gets old. My partner in crime and I have both been beyond excited for the Hold Steady show that took place this past Sunday at the Taste of Randolph. It was inserted into our Outlook calendars back in April and when it goes into Outlook...consider it done. This was my first experience with this particular street fest, but by the time I arrived at Randolph & May the food vendors had deserted their booths and the only bit of sustenance left to purchase was Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy ale. We grabbed our beers and made our way to the stage that was perfectly situated with a great view of the Chicago skyline. When the Hold Steady finally took the stage we had maneuvered our way near the front and were ready for the dance party to begin. The set consisted of a nice mix of their past three albums, but a few of the highlights were presented in the form of a couple of brand new songs that have yet to be released. I, of course, bounced along to "Chips Ahoy" and "Sequestered in Memphis", but the best part about this outdoor show was the fantastic weather which gave me a glimpse of hope for the remainder of the summer. I'm sick of this rain, Chicago! We could all use a bit more sunny skies and hard rock in our lives.



*The Hold Steady photography by Nick Gerber (Thanks G!)

No comments:

Post a Comment