Thursday, May 14, 2009

The fantastic Miss Fisk

I fell in love with Schuyler Fisk back in 2006. She had only released a six song EP, but her voice was beautiful and her lyrics were sweet and honest so I continued to follow her journey all the way to her first studio album, The Good Stuff. Along this journey I realized that there were a few other reasons (besides her music) why I wished I could walk a day in Schuyler's shoes.

#1 - She is the daughter of Academy Award winner, Sissy Spacek
#2 - She has been romantically linked to Joshua Radin
#3 - She co-starred with Colin Hanks and Jack Black in 2002's dramatic comedy Orange County
#4 - She played Kristy Thomas in The Babysitter's Club movie

Her sound is soft and light-hearted, but if you fully appreciate the female singer/songwriter genre (Missy Higgins, Ingrid Michaelson, A Fine Frenzy) then I think you'll have found yourself a new girl crush in Schuyler Fisk.

Check out this video of Schuyler's live performance back in 2006. Keep an eye out for a cameo by Sissy Spacek (vocals) and commentary by Zach Braff (sigh...).



Download it: "Hello" / "Paperweight" / "From Where I'm Standing"

No comments:

Post a Comment