Thursday, July 23, 2009

Music Fix - Shout Out Louds

Where do I even begin? This band hasn't released any new recordings in the past two years, but for some reason I don't hold it against them. I'd like to list just a few simple reasons why...

- Both albums (Our Ill Wills & Howl Howl Gaff Gaff) are outstanding.
- Female keyboardist, back up vocals, accordion extraordinaire (Bebban Stenborg).
- Opened for Kings of Leon early in their musical careers
- Their bass player directed the Peter Bjorn & John video for "Young Folks"...you know, the song with all of the whistling.
- The group will finally hit the studios in August to pick back up where they left off.


Download it: "Normandie" / "Tonight I Have to Leave It" / "Hurry Up Let's Go"

**In totally unrelated music news...MGMT is set to appear on Jay-Z's upcoming album. I can't even begin to think about how crazy that is going to be. Nice collabo!

No comments:

Post a Comment