Monday, July 6, 2009

Music Fix - The Kooks

The Kooks are by no means a "new" band. Only three short months after selecting their moniker they were signed to Virgin Records and three years later they've produced two full albums and have hit the ground running in the U.S. I can still remember my first official summer in Chicago when I purchased the first album, Inside In Inside Out, and would blare it in my apartment as I got ready for a night out. The more I listen to their music, the more I love it. It's fun music and I just felt it deserved a shout out. You won't be disappointed!

Sidenote: The whole idea behind this blog was to pay homage to all of the great bands that have inspired me and this band is no different. She Moves in Her Own Way. It's true.

Download it: "Sway" / "Ooh La" / "Seaside" / "Time Awaits"

No comments:

Post a Comment