Thursday, October 15, 2009

Officially Inked

After much thought (3 months actually), I finally bit the bullet and got my very first tattoo. Who knew that at the age of 26 I would wake up one morning with the desire to permanently mark up my bod, but that's just what I did...with no regrets. Let's back this train up for a bit of back story though. For quite some time I've felt the need to get back into writing on a more consistent basis because it is such a big part of who I am. Busy schedule, lack of inspiration, and just an overall act of laziness on my part had led me to a monotonous life of work, eat, and sleep. Everyday. Not exciting.

When I came up with the idea for my tattoo (a phrase in typewriter font) I wanted to have it be a constant reminder of what has kept me sane over the years. As much as I love music (obviously), writing has been my outlet and something that I can always come back to no matter how long I had neglected it. At the beginning of this year I decided to start this blog, not only to share my love of all things music related, but to also get myself back into the daily grind of creating, imagining, and putting my thoughts down on paper (or typing them on my laptop...same difference). Sometimes I'm busy and I'm not too proud of the work that I rushed through to post on this lovely page, but then there are days that I sit back and think that down the road I could really try to do something with this.

Now I ask myself....do I really believe that a tattoo is going to make a difference in my life?

No, but bottomline... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!


No comments:

Post a Comment