Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Indie Heaven

Today was the day. I was nervous with anticipation as I opened my email this morning stating, "2009 Lollapalooza Lineup is Here". After missing out last year I was hoping for a list of bands that would quickly remove my guilt about not participating in one of my favorite Chicago events. I will admit that a few of my favorites from the past couple of years were not included, but in their place I have compiled a list of new bands that will be sure to make up for the loss.

If you're roaming around Grant Park that weekend I would definitely make time to check out the following...

Vampire Weekend
The Decemberists
Band of Horses
Friendly Fires
Fleet Foxes
Coheed and Cambria
Heartless Bastards
Gomez
Ra Ra Riot
Kings of Leon

A few favorites that will be returning...

TV on the Radio
Cold War Kids
Peter Bjorn and John
Silversun Pickups
The Killers


I could have posted the entire list on this page, but don't be lazy! Head over to www.lollapalooza.com to check out the official lineup for this summer's 3-day festival. They have included profiles for each band/artist so you can listen to songs, read about their rise to fame, and start planning your dream schedule. Get to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment